What should I eat?
1. Eat mostly meat, fish, lots of vegetables and healthy fats, and some fruit.
2. Eat a variety of different foods. Rotate your proteins, vegetables and fats.
3. Avoid processed foods. Prioritize quality, local, seasonal foods. Unpackaged naturally sourced foods are your best bet. Anything with an ingredient list should be considered suspect and should be carefully inspected before consuming.
4. Avoid added sugars, including natural and artificial sweeteners.
5. Minimize grains. In particular, avoid gluten. If eating grains, ensure they are adequately prepared by soaking and fermenting.
6. Minimize legumes and beans unless properly prepared by soaking . In particular, avoid soy, peanuts, and canned beans. If eating legumes and beans, ensure they are adequately prepared by soaking and fermenting.
7. Minimize dairy. In particular, avoid low fat dairy products. If eating dairy, choose raw dairy from grass fed sources.
Nutrition FAQ – Start here, the most common nutrition questions we get.
Food Shopping Guide – This is the nutrition guide we send all new members, it includes guidelines on what to eat and how to shop for groceries.
CFW Meal Plan – This is an sample list of groceries & staple foods which includes what a week of meals could look like.
Strategies for successful lifestyle changes – A popular blog post on simple daily habits that will get you the best results.
Nutrition Articles – Browse though nutrition articles from our blog.
Nutrition Tough Love – One of our most popular blog posts, on dieting vs. making lifestyle changes.
Real Food Recipe Book compiled by Member Mandy, using recipes from our Real Food Challenge participants.
Paleo Food Matrix from Robb Wolf.com
Other Great Online Resources